Insurance claims - hail storm crop damage
In order to initiate a claim, a written notice of loss must be completed
by the insured and forwarded to the appropriate hail company within 72 hours of the storm.
You can find fax numbers for all the hail companies under the heading - 'Companies represented'.
Click here for a hail insurance claim form.
HARVESTING OR TURNING CROPS UNDER PRIOR TO INSPECTION
- Where the crop is being TURNED UNDER or CUT FOR FEED, leave standing and undisturbed, a 12 foot strip, 100 feet in from the outside edge of the field, all the way around. For fields in excess of 80 acres, leave an additional strip down the center or the field.
- If the crop is ready to swath, leave no crop standing. Swath it all as the adjustment will be made in the swath. EXCEPTION: LEAVE STANDING SAMPLES OF PEAS AND LENTILS.
- Where swathed crop is being picked up, leave undisturbed three 20 foot strips of swath on each side of the field 100 feet from the outside edge of the field. For fields in excess of 80 acres, leave three additional 20 foot strips of swath down the center of the field.
- Where the crop is being straight combined, the location of the evidence remains the same as if swathed. The size is the width of the header by 20 feet long of undisturbed crop.
- If a hail claim has been filed and SUFFICIENT UNDISTURBED EVIDENCE OF THE CROP HAS NOT BEEN LEFT FOR INSPECTION, the question of liability will be decided at head office.